Thursday 30 March 2017

LEARNING VOCABULARY OF YOUR CHOICE WITH A CLICK!

Talking about my student's hobbies is always a great source of pleasure because I see they are delighted to share their favourite experiences. Don't be shy and search the web for vocabulary of your choice!
For example, I've been talking to a young student about her passion for horses and this has been the excuse to practice the comparative and superlative of inferiority, less and least
As an experienced rider, she knows far more words in English related to these beautiful animals than me, so I've learnt a lot of new vocabulary that I want to share with you:.
words for horses, in this website there are not only words, but also, phrases and great quotes!
My favourite is "A good horse makes short miles. -George Elliot", while my student chose: 
"A good rider can hear his horse speak to him, a great rider can hear his horse whisper, but a bad rider won't hear his horse even if it screams at him. -Unknown " when I heard it I immediabely remembered the famous film: really useful to improve your English, enjoy!